Calling all families, students, entrepreneurs, coders, innovators, business professionals, artists, etc. - you are invited to come out and have a fun at the CSRA Innovation Festival. See what’s new and cool in the CSRA and learn more about innovation. There will be activities for all age groups. Here are the details:
What: CSRA Innovation Festival
When: November 3rd between the hours of 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Where: Augusta State University Amphitheatre and adjacent field
Why: To have fun, to build a more innovative region, and to learn about innovation
Who: This event is for everyone (all ages and interests) in the CSRA region and beyond
The activities at the innovation festival are sure to be crowd pleasers. The activities at the festival will include the following:
- Innovation Competition – build something around the concept of improving mobility
- Hackathon - Hack for Education (Nov. 2nd @ 6 p.m. to Nov. 3rd @ 12 p.m.)
- Innovation Business Showcase - display of innovations by organizations in the CSRA
- Innovation Academic Fair - display of innovations by students in the CSRA
- Elevator Pitch Contest - pitch your business idea in two minutes or less for cash
- Coding Day Camp – learn to program simple code; all ages are welcome
- Deconstruction Derby - take apart devices (e.g. televisions) to see how they work
- Business Mentor Table - receive advice regarding your idea or startup business
- Live Entertainment - hear and dance with local up and coming bands are featured
Do It To It
You don’t want to miss out on what will be remembered as a great day. Here’s what we want you to do:
- Attend the festival to experience all of the cool displays, activities, events, etc.
- Participate in at least one of the competitions for cash prizes
- Share this festive opportunity with your friends, family, colleagues, etc.
The CSRA Innovation Festival will be fun and educational. Some of the goals of the event are as follows:
Be sure to attend this fun innovation festival. We’ll have live entertainment (e.g. bands and improv), food, soft drinks, and fun activities for kids of all ages (e.g. Coding Day Camp, Deconstruction Derby, and play area). Don’t miss a fun opportunity to learn more about and get involved with innovation in our region.
- Engage the community to foster a culture of innovation and collaboration through ongoing community activities
- Elevate the awareness of our existing strengths, regional assets, and opportunities for innovation and collaboration
- Educate the community about opportunities in four entrepreneurial areas – life sciences, energy, IT, and non-technical businesses
For more information contact Dr. Tony Robinson
at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org